Level 1 Award in Wines (WSET)
Considering embarking on a professional career in the drinks industry? Or have little or prior experience of wine tasting? This could be for you.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
Event Dates & Times
Sunday 10th November
No 8 Thorpe Road
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching: A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine: Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties: Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main White grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main Black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes, Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
Jeremy Dunn from Norfolk Wine School