Tapas & Wine Evening
If you enjoy snacking on Spanish tapas then join The Norfolk Wine School for an authentic taste of Spanish food and wine at their Tapas and Wine Evening.
Thu 27th May 2021 - 7:00pm
at The Last; Bar Brasserie & Cellar
70-76 St Georges Street, Norwich, NR3 1AB
We'll explain how the Spanish have mastered the art of matching simply prepared but delicious bite-sized snacks with great wines that make every mouthful an experience to be savoured.
This food and wine experience kicks off with a taste of Manzanilla Sherry served with Spanish olives and salted almonds while we explain the principles of food and wine pairing. We'll then reveal some of the secrets behind why these Spanish snacks are a match made in heaven with wines from different regions of Spain which are often made to match the local food.
During the evening we will then present a range of six specially prepared hot and cold tapas with a selected wine match chosen from the list below:
- Bubbly Spanish Cava with Pescato Frito (mixed fried fish)
- Galician Albarino with Bolas de Bacalao and salsa verde (salt cod croquettes)
- Spanish Rosado with mildly spiced Chorizo in oil
- A white Rioja with Spanish cured ham
- Mencia red wine with roasted Spanish vegetables
- A rich & ripe Monastrell with fiery patatas bravas
- Rioja Crianza with Albondigas (spanish style meatballs)
- A smooth Rioja Reserva with Pinchitos (rolled beef with an olive tapenade)
- Oloroso Sherry with Manchego cheese, dried apricots, walnuts and membrillo
- Pedro Ximenez with Churros y Chocolate
Perfect for foodies!
Vegetarian & gluten free
We have developed vegetarian alternatives to the meat based dishes and can also cater for gluten-free guests. If you require the vegetarian alternatives or gluten-free please advise when booking. Please advise of any food allergies when booking.