RECIPE: Richard's Super Easy way to cook your Turkey
Richard from Benedicts tells us a super easy way to cook a turkey plus a delicious cranberry sauce and stuffing.
- 250g frozen cranberries
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 100g cranberry juice
- 2 shots of Armagnac
- Place the juice, cinnamon, thyme and sugar into a pan and bring it to the boil
- Add cranberries, reduce heat and simmer until tender
- Remove from the heat, stir in the Armagnac
- Allow to cool and season
- Place into a clean jar and into the fridge until needed.
Benedicts’ Christmas Stuffing
- 600g sausage meat
- 75g diced back fat
- 30g chicken livers, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g cranberry sauce
- 25g precooked chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 2.5g sea salt
- 2.5g white pepper
- 15g parsley, finely chopped
- 15g thyme, finely chopped
- 15g tarragon, finely chopped
- Salted butter, for greasing
- Fry off the shallot and garlic in a little oil until soft
- Place all the ingredients for the stuffing into a large bowl and mix well
- Fry off a little stuffing to check the seasoning
- Place stuffing on buttered tinfoil and shape into sausage
- Roll the foil up to create a Christmas cracker and place in the fridge
- Once you are ready to cook pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Place in the oven and cook for 35-40 mins.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10-15mins before eating.
Richard Super Easy way to cook your Turkey
- 5kg Turkey (At room temp overnight)
- A splash of oil
- 100g of cold butter
- 2L chicken stock (Hot)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Rub the turkey with oil and season with salt & pepper
- Pour the hot chicken stock into tray with veg
- Place the butter on top of the turkey, then into the tray.
- Transfer into the oven for 1 hours 4/5 mins or 2 hours, or until juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 45mins, as you continue to cook the rest of your vegetables.
- Once ready to serve, place back in the oven for 10mins to warm through and serve.