RECIPE: Pumpkin Pie with a Difference
by Chef Bainbridge at Bendicts
- 450g White Chocolate
- 75g Salted Butter
- 100g Glucose (Warm)
- 200g Double Cream
- 500g Pumpkin Puree (Made from the trimmings of your carved pumpkin, boiled in salted water until soft then placed into the blender and turned on full until smooth)
- 8 Gelatine leaves (Soaked in water until soft and then squeeze the excess water out)
- 10g Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
Blind Baked Sweet Tart (small individual ones or a large tart in is completely up to you guys)
- Start by melting your white chocolate and butter in the microwave. In a microwave-safe dish slowly melt them together by doing 20secs bursts, stirring between each burst. You should have a just-warm-to-touch smooth white chocolate and butter mix.
- Place 2 tbsp. of the cream into a pan and gently bring to a simmer. Once simmering add the soaked gelatine leaves and whisk well. Add this back to the rest of the cream before adding it to the white chocolate.
- Now Place your white chocolate mix into a blender and start blending. Add the glucose and blend on a high speed. After a minute or so, slowly add the cream in a stream. Continue to blend until it becomes smooth, silky and shiny. Add your pumpkin puree, salt and cinnamon. Now place in the fridge for at least 10-20mins until it starts to set. Mix well.
- After allowing your pumpkin mix to rest, carefully pour into your tart and place back in the fridge to set for 5-6 hours or even overnight.
I like to finish this tart with fresh apples, thyme leaves and a few drops of pumpkin oil. Perfect for afternoon tea, dinner or just sitting on the sofa watching TV.