Seas the day
Seas the day with a brand new seaside afternoon tea from the Assembly House
Oh we do like to be beside the seaside…oh we do like to be beside the sea…
The Assembly House have missed Vitamin Sea so much during lockdown that they have created their own seaside tea!
This tea will be available at the Cakeaway Takeaway from THIS WEDNESDAY (book here) and AT THE RESTAURANT from May 17 to June 21. Let’s get ready to SHELL-EBRATE!
Buoys and gulls can look forward to…
Traditional finger sandwiches with an array of fillings, a tier of savoury treats, home-baked warm scones – fruit served with clotted cream and strawberry jam, cheese, Colman’s Mustard and chive served with butter – and a host of seaside-themed cakes and pastries. You can even dig for a sea-salt caramel chocolate hidden in edible sand!
- The Deep Blue(berry) Sea Gateau Opera: The Assembly House signature cake with blueberry filling and a white chocolate wave
- With a Flake, Please: Vanilla 99 Cupcake with Strawberry Sauce, a chocolate flake, a wafer and hundreds and thousands
- Double Raspberry Ripple Cheesecake Shot: Cheesecake whip with blue and red raspberry ripple and biscuit crumb
- Kiss Me Quick Candyfloss Macaron with an Edible Pearl
- Sea-salt caramel Milk Chocolate Shells buried in Edible Sand
AS USUAL there will be dietary adaptions (all cakes are vegetarian, we also have GF, DF, vegan and nut-free available) and a smaller children’s version.
We’ll also have added extras for you to buy alongside your Seaside Afternoon Tea such as Mermaid Cocktails and Freakshakes AND bags of hot seaside cinnamon doughnuts to buy by the bag.
At The Assembly House we pride ourselves on avoiding pier pressure and always offer you something new, ORIGINAL and different thanks to our incredible pastry team headed by King Merman Mark Mitson.