AUTUMN HEDGEROW AFTERNOON TEA LAUNCHES ON SEPTEMBER 6!
As the seasons change, so do the afternoon teas at The Assembly House!
We’ve given our tea a cosy glow-up for autumn with lots of flavours that will ease you into the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.
Roaring fires, crisp leaves underfoot, mugs of hot chocolate, the golden hours that only September and early October bring, The Assembly House have an afternoon tea that brings you autumn on a tea stand, designed by pastry superman Mark Mitson.
There will be delectable layers of finger sandwiches, savoury treats, fruit and cheese scones and magical cakes. Think blackberry picking and bonfire night treats, warming ginger and freshly-baked apple pie, salted caramel and homemade jam made with the last of the summer raspberries.
The Autumn Hedgerow Afternoon Tea will be served every day at The Assembly House from September 6 to October 13 – on October 14, our Assembly House of Horrors 2021 Halloween Afternoon Tea begins. And then on November 1, we sparkle our way through the wardrobe and into our Narnia Afternoon Tea.
Autumn Hedgerow Afternoon Tea cakes:
- Falling leaves cupcake – a campfire ginger cupcake with toffee buttercream and autumn leaves
- Harvest apple and salted caramel Gateau Opera – layers of joconde almond sponge with salted caramel buttercream and fresh apple gel topped with an apple slice (no apple slice for Cakeaway takeaway)
- Bramble Hedgerow Trifle – a blackberry compote and white chocolate trifle with Mark Mitson’s famous granola and a blackberry
- Last of the Summer Raspberries macaron – a raspberry macaron sandwiched together with vanilla buttercream and raspberry compote and finished with gold
- Basil the Fox – a shortbread crunch cinnamon cream biscuit, buttery shortbread sandwiched with a light cinnamon cream
As usual, the themed tea can be adapted for vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free diets, all of which will look as close to the photographs as possible.
Also available - autumnal cocktails to enjoy including Bramble Bellinis and Pumpkin Spice Latte and creamy hot chocolates available to buy.
Autumn Hedgerow Afternoon Tea costs £23.95 per person, £47 for two, children’s afternoon tea for under-12s is £14.95 for a smaller version of our classic tea. A discretionary service charge of 10 per cent is added to each bill, 100 per cent of which is distributed between all Assembly House staff.