RECIPE: Valentine’s Biscuits and a Warm Chocolate Pot
Richard Bainbridge has picked a simple but delicious biscuit recipe and an indulgent warm chocolate pot.
If you don’t wish to celebrate then these are still great treats to spoil yourself with!
Ingredients (Makes roughly 24 Biscuits)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 250g Flour
- 1 medium free range Egg
- 125g salted Butter
- 125g Sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Add Butter, sugar and the egg to a bowl and mix together with a whisk or your hands.
- Sieve the flour into the mix together with the baking powder and knead into a dough.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in Clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll dough to 2-4mm thin. Use your heart shaped cutter and cut your biscuits, re-rolling the dough out as you go along.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes and place on a cooling rack to cool. Decorate as you fancy :)
Warm Chocolate Pot
- 190g Dark Chocolate
- 125g Salted Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 190g Caster Sugar / Brown Sugar
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Pre-heat oven 120C
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and place oven a pan of simmering water, melt together and stir until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk the sugar and eggs until light and pale. Add the orange zest. Now mix in the chocolate until smooth.
- Divide into ramekins or tea cups and place into the oven for 45-55mins until just cooked.
- There should still be a little wobble to the chocolate.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins before serving. Serve with sweetened mascarpone or just a can of whipped cream.